Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

12 weeks!

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. We moved back to Iowa and since I don't have internet except on my phone most of the time it's hard to keep up blogs! Since moving back I have gotten to see the baby one more time a couple of weeks back. He/she was still doing great and the even better news is that my subchorionic bleed has finally gone away. Baby was measuring right on with my due date this time which was awesome. The heartbeat was 175 so still on the higher end-which most say points to girl when it's that high so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it come true for us! Other than that the appt was pretty uneventful since it was technicially just the "initial appointment" where they get your background/updates from last time and take tons of blood. I never heard back after that though so I'm assuming everything was fine!

Otherwise I've been doing good. Glad to have hit 12 weeks yesterday...this pregnancy seems to be moving so slow! I've had a cold for a week and a half now but I'm finally on an antibiotic for that-even though I only have one day left and so far it doesn't seem to be helping. I swear this runny nose is going to be the death of me!

I also was able to find the heartbeat on my home doppler this past week twice! This made me super excited since I wasn't able to find it myself (or at the dr office) until 13 weeks last time. It was too "distant" to pick up how fast it was but hearing it was beyond good enough for me:)

Anyways, I have another appointment next week which I have no idea what they'll do. I'm assuming it'll be pretty basic with just checking for the heartbeat but both the nurse practicioner and the ultrasound tech said that because of my history I'd probably get quite a few ultrasounds again this time I'm hoping they'll sneak one in again. I also called to see if I could get in for a late first trimester scan since last time that's when I found out what I was having (and I like to know that everything is ok) but I'm still waiting to hear back if it's too late to get in or not since they are done in Des Moines.

I'll try and keep updated after my next appt though. For now here are a couple of 12 week belly pics (sorry they're so dark). Not much to see still but I feel like I'm huge (probably from all of those home cooked meals I've been eating). I have no idea how much I've gained so far though either.


No comments:

Post a Comment