Yesterday I called my nurse because I had been having a lot of contractions the night before and some that morning also. As expected I was told to go in to see what was going on. They did a fetal fibernectin test to determine if it was likely id go into labor within the next two weeks. Thankfully that came back negative but that was the only good news. I was extremely dehydrated. My dr told me she wanted to admit me for fluids but I asked if I could come back later if I still needed tosince my sister needed to go take her pharmacy technician certification test and I was supposed to give her a ride. Reluctantly she agreed.
It was a really good day and I got to do a little baby shopping finally. I wasn't good at drinking fluids like I was supposed to be though. When I got home I got a call from my nurse checking in because my dr had called her asking why I hadn't gone in yet. I honesly didn't realize she expected me to either way so we decided I better go.
I was under the impression I would be getting some fluids and going home but that didn't work out. When I was on the way to the hospital I called to see where I was supposed to go and was informed Id be staying the night. I was hooked up to fluids right away and the nurse said I had an order for Procardia but since the contractions weren't that bad I asked to wait on it and the nurse agreed.
This morning the dr came in and wasn't very happy I had declined the Procardia because I was having contractions still. I have had a headache which is turning into a migraine also so needless to say I'm way worse this morning than I was last night. I was given Procardia and told to finish the bag of fluids and I would be checked on again soon.
The contractions did slow down but I still had a headache. I was able to leave but was given a prescription for every 8 hours. The stuff has made me feel worse than I have in a long time but I am trying to put up with it at least until I get checked on again Monday.
Hope you feel better soon, love. You need to make some time for R&R- you deserve it!
ReplyDelete