I'll start by saying that for the past few days I've had that gut feeling today wasn't going to go well. Usually I'm right when I say that and today I was more right than I expected to be.
We went up to the hospital after taking Jax to preschool because my MIL had a hip replacement surgery. It was a long morning of sitting around with nothing to do. About 12:45 I finally got out of the little room we were all in and went to get the horrible drink for my glucose test while I was on my way to my ultrasound.
The ultrasound was extremely quick since it was just to check my cervical length. I did get to chat with the tech who did almost all of my ultrasounds when I was pregnant with Bentley so that made it a little more enjoyable. She did however give me the not so good news that my cervix has gone down to 2cm now. She also said that he is now head down.
About an hour later I had my blood drawn and my appt. Somehow I gained 3lbs in a week, which I find hard to believe since I haven't been eating as much but whatever. The appt was very short. Dr listened to babys heartbeat but I didn't catch what it was at. I asked about having contractions all of the time still and was pretty much told that there's not much more I can do about them since I'm already on the Procardia all the time. The dr also said that he will give me the steroid shots for the babys lungs at 30-32 weeks which will be at my next appt. Since I had to wait for the results from the blood draw before I could get the Rhogam shot but they let me go back to the waiting room for my MIL's surgery while I waited.
Another hour or so I was told to go ahead and go back to the office. I got the Rhogam shot (I talked the nurse into giving it in the arm instead of the hip because I think its less painful). Then more news came in. She put off calling me back over because I failed the one hour glucose test. I'm not sure how because I had cereal at 6:30am and didn't eat after that til the test was over. So now I have to go back Thursday for the three hour test and pray I pass that one.
Then she also said I'm anemic now. So I get the joy of taking iron pills twice a day for that. I was told they cause constipation so I'm not so excited about that one but Ill do what I have to!
So that was probably one of the worst appts yet:( I'm kind of curious when they'll check to make sure I'm not dilating since my cervical length is still getting lower but they didn't say anything about it. It bothers me because the contractions have been getting stronger lately but I have them so often I don't know when I should be concerned. Guess I can only pray I'm as lucky as last time and they tell me they're keeping me when I go for an appt because I'm in labor:s
In good news though I have my 3D ultrasound a week from today:D I can't wait to see what baby boy looks like now!
No comments:
Post a Comment